Built On The Rock
Led by Kevin Crew, Black Rock Consulting of Bend,
Oregon is a leader in conservation, water resources,
and hydroelectric power.
What We Do
Commitment to the Job
With over 27 years of experience with water services in the West, BLACK ROCK CONSULTING provides a full range of Water Resources services to Irrigation Districts, Resource Agencies and Municipal Providers. We provide traditional and specialty services customized to the needs of our clients and have a proven record of delivery. Services include complete project services from inception, planning, design, bidding, Owner’s Representative, construction administration, field observation, project completion, start-up, testing, punch list development and final completion services.
BLACK ROCK CONSULTING is a recognized Water Resources leader with direct industry experience with a variety of irrigation and municipal projects spanning the full gambit of irrigation projects, municipal wells, municipal water supply and similar projects. Our complimentary strength is in our proven experience with and development of superior project teams to address all aspects of project development, design and delivery.
Our Areas of Water Resource Practice Include
- Full Range of Pipeline Sizing Design – 1” to 120” Diameter
- Plan, Specification, and Bid Document Development
- Bid Administration and Contractor Selection Process
- Project Cost Estimating and Planning
- Owner’s Representative Services
- Construction Management, Administration and Field Observation Services
- Surveying Services
- Project Pressures Ranging from 0 to 600 PSI.
- Pump Stations and Pressure Reducing and Regulating Stations
- Live Stream Intakes, Canal Intakes, Trash Racks, Gates
- Fish Screens
- Fish Ladders
- Well Design
- Canal Lining
- Full Radial Gate System Design
- Dam Projects
- Moss Removal
- Weir and Measurement Systems
- Hydro Power (Covered under Hydro Power Tab)
- Hydraulic Modeling for Waste Water Systems and Piping (Open Channel and Closed Conduit)
- Specialty Design as Required – Moss Screening Systems, Radial Gates, Energy Dissipation and Other Innovative Evaluation and Design Services
BLACK ROCK CONSULTING has extensive experience with project siting and feasibility evaluations, currently exceeding 260 sites. Hydroelectric Power services provided by BLACK ROCK CONSULTING and its strategic partners under BRC management include:
- Site Surveying
- Flow and Hydrology Studies
- Electrical Interconnection Feasibility
- Hydroelectric Project Feasibility Evaluation
- Project Cost Estimating
- Hydraulic Modeling
- Intake, Conveyance Canal or Piping System Evaluation and Design
- Fish Screen and Fish Ladder Design and Processing
- Penstock Evaluation and Design
- Powerhouse Design
- Power Generating Equipment Sizing, and Manufacturer Coordination
- Draft Channel Design
- Hydraulic Bypass and Energy Dissipation Design
- Project Specification Development
- Engineer, Procure and Construct (“EPC”) Contracting
- Environmental Permitting
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Processing
- Power Purchase Agreement Support
- Bidding and Construction Management
- Construction Surveying
- Project Commissioning
- Funding Application
A Global Company
BLACK ROCK CONSULTING has been involved in works spanning 3 of the 7 continents around the world. Located in Central Oregon, most jobs are done locally; however, BRC is interested in the development of third world countries and bringing resources to places globally. Recently our focus has been to bring power through water to cities and villages in rural areas of Africa such as Burundi and Tanzania.
BLACK ROCK CONSULTING takes a trip to Burundi
Although its focus of late is on System Improvement Projects for several irrigation districts in Oregon, Black Rock Consulting is reaching out on World projects that provide humanitarian benefits to the impoverished. Black Rock Consulting is partnering with Songa Energy to provide hydroelectric power to the country of Burundi, a small country located in the center of Africa.
Currently, only 5% of those in the country have
access to power and it ranks as one of the most malnourished countries in the World.
We care about the people we work for and strive to provide professional service at a personal level. BRC relates to the issue at hand and uses whatever is necessary to solve the problem and provide the best service possible.
The most important feature in any relationship is communication. Without communication, it is nearly impossible to get the best out of a project.
Here at BRC, we work hard to ensure that communication is clear and concise so we can provide the professional services you deserve.
Meet The Owner
Kevin Crew is an established veteran in water resources and hydroelectric power.
29 Years of Experience
Quality You Can Count On
“Black Rock Consulting provides a very appreciated 360 degree perspective in their approach to all their work based on practical field experience.”
“North Unit Irrigation District has been very pleased with Black Rock Consulting services and their approach to projects and customer relations.”
Keep In Touch With Us
To get a hold of us, please use the form to the left, or call us using the phone number below. Thanks for contacting BLACK ROCK CONSULTING!
Black Rock Consulting
320 SW Upper Terrace Drive, #102
Bend, Oregon 97702
+1 (541) 480-6257